Thursday, November 19, 2009

They must have seen me coming

It was almost on cue. A week after I landed in Wauwatosa, a guitar store relocated on North Avenue, just a few blocks from my street. It's called North Star Music. Can you dig it?

I stopped by yesterday after work to check it out. (I had put my nose up to the window recently to see the progress being made inside, but this was my maiden voyage inside.) There weren't many vintage instruments, which is a good thing. I don't need another vintage guitar. It's mostly new electrics and acoustics, ukes and mandos, and a few resonators -- which always intrigue me.

But other than a new set of strings or a miscellaneous accessory, there's probably nothing I really need there. Except this: Another soul who likes to talk about music and guitars. The value in that, as they say, is priceless.

So I'll be back. Maybe I'll bring a guitar in for a set-up, just to start a conversation. And a dog treat for the pooch who hangs out behind the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment