Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy birthday to them

They were born on this day, November 5, so they are Scorpios all. And if you could have put them together in the recording studio with Billy Sherrill -- a birthday boy himself -- you probably would have had something.

What, I'm not exactly sure. But something.

Yes, it's time again to play Birthday Band, an occasional SSS feature that is mindless but also quite harmless. We hope you've been paying attention because there might be a quiz at the end of the year.

THE LINEUP
Roy Rogers (1911): Cowboy guitar, backup vocals
Ike Turner (1931): Electric guitar, piano
Art Garfunkel (1941): Vocals
Gram Parsons (1946): Guitar, vocals
Peter Noone (1947): Vocals
Bryan Adams (1959): Guitar, vocals

SET LIST
"Rocket 88"
"Cuts Like a Knife"
"Sin City"
"I'm Into Something Good"
"There'll Never Be Another Pecos Bill"
"Feelin' Groovy"
"Six Days on the Road"
"Can't You Hear My Heartbeat"
"My Chickasay Gal"
"Lonely Nights"
"I Want to Take You Higher"
"Burrito #1"

ENCORE
(medley) "Ooh Las Vegas", "In My Hour of Darkness'', "Hickory Wind"
"There's a Kind of Hush"
"Happy Trails to You"

2 comments:

  1. Ike started out as a radio deejay and he played a lot of country records. So he actually would be a decent fit with Roy Rogers and Billy Sherrill and Gram. They might have let Peter Noone sing some parts. Art and Bryan, no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started scanning that list and thought, "What about Hickory Wind and my favorite Gram Parson songs, In My Hour of Darkness?" Well, that's one hell of an encore.

    ReplyDelete