Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer of Sinatra continues

We've toasted Frank Sinatra several times already this summer. Must be something in the hi-balls. And now this: Our good buddy Psycho has passed along this must-see animation video of Sinatra. It's a scream.

And while we're wondering what Frankie might have really thought about MySpace, social networking and music on the web, consider the song "Teen Angst (What the World Needs Now)'' by Cracker, especially this rant:

What the world needs now
Is a new Frank Sinatra
So I can get you in bed
Cause what the world needs now
is another folk singer
like I need a hole in my head


I'm thinkin' ol' Frankie would have dug that. I'm not as sure about the video below. But you never know.

BTW, I saw Cracker's sold-out show at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa Saturday night, and I'm here to confirm that this is a tour you definitely want to tap into. Enjoy "Teen Angst'' now.

1 comment:

  1. Great song. I probably heard it 30 times a week at the bowling alley back in small-town Arkansas during the mid-90s.

    ReplyDelete