Sunday, August 9, 2009

Got to get back to you

Well you can drop me off on Peachtree
I got to feel that Georgia sun
And the women there in Atlanta
Make you awfully glad you come


I love Atlanta. Lived there nine years of my life, during two very different stretches of life. And it's always good to be back. And there's no better song to put you in the mood than Little Feat's "Oh Atlanta''.

My buddy and I are heading over to The Albert now for a burger and beer. Wish you could join us...

UPDATE : The Albert had 25-cent smoked wings, served by the lovely and talented Larenda. Good times. And the music we heard there included:

Gotta Serve Somebody, Bob Dylan
Thunderstorms and Neon Signs, Wayne Hancock
Freebird, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Jackson, June Carter and Johnny Cash

I saw Dylan do that song here at the Fox Theatre, probably around 1982, during his holy roller phase. Great memories.

Larenda was bemoaning the fact that XM wasn't playing George Jones. You have to love that...

No comments:

Post a Comment