Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Nothin' but hound dogs
It's time to re-evaluate the field, which shrinks by two tonight after another round of voting. Andrew Garcia is almost certainly gone after butchering "Hound Dog." Who will join him? It's probably going to be a close call between Aaron Kelly and Tim Urban, who've been hanging on by the laces of their sneakers.
Here's how SSS handicaps the group (previous rankings from three weeks ago in parentheses):
1. (1) Crystal Bowersox, simply no one in her league
NOT GOING AWAY SOON
2. (5) Lee Dewyze, he's the good wine and now he's uncorked
3. (3) Casey James, doesn't seem to have the killer instinct
FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES
4. (4) Katie Stevens, still annoying Simon but then who doesn't
5. (2) Big Mike Lynche, some quiet redemption with "In the Ghetto"
6. (7) Siobhan Magnus, we were suspicious long before "Suspicious Minds"
7. (10) Tim Urban, baffling how judges liked "Can't Help Falling in Love"
8. (6) Aaron Kelly, tramples the classic "Blue Suede Shoes"
9. (9) Andrew Garcia, Randy calls performance "not good karaoke"