Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy birthday, Possum

George Jones appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last night and performed one of the greatest tear-jerkers in country music history. Click below and enjoy.

The Possum turns 78 today, and from all appearances he's still going strong. He has a new album "A Collection of My Best Recollection'' offered exclusively at Cracker Barrel and featuring two standards he hadn't previously recorded: "Long Gone Daddy'' and "I Don't Want To Know.''

He's even Twittering! Check it out here.

And word is the legendary hell-raiser has been sober for years. So this morning, in his honor, make mine a virgin bloody mary. Here's to you, George...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what's this "one of" the greatest tear-jerkers in country-music history?
    Name me a greater one, and the next pitcher of Leinie's is on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jones is still going strong at 78, I guess Keith Richards will be rocking until he's 90.

    ReplyDelete