Wednesday, June 8, 2011
The best country song about summer? Without much thought we'd give the nod to Alan Jackson's "Chattahoochee." And not just because, like Jackson, we used to live way down yonder near the Chattahoochee River in Georgia. That great Telecaster guitar opening gets your motor running and before you know it you're blowing down a country backroad with the music blasting and your sweetie on the bench seat beside you.
We're not the only ones in the "Chattahoochee" camp. Here's a list of the Top 10 summertime country songs at theboot.com:
1. Chattahoochee, Alan Jackson
2. Summertime, Kenny Chesney
3. Strawberry Wine, Deana Carter
4. Something Like That, Tim McGraw
5. Six-Pack Summer, Phil Vasser
6. Barefoot and Crazy, Jack Ingram
7. Summer's Coming, Clint Black
8. Sunshine and Summertime, Faith Hill
9. Summer Nights, Rascal Flatts
10. Sweet Summer Lovin,' Dolly Parton
Click here to read and hear more about the songs. We're not going to argue with this list, but now that we're looking at it we'd also find room for Jackson's great cover of "Summertime Blues."
Because most country fans have seen the "Chattahoochee" video we're going here with Jack Ingram's "Barefoot and Crazy," which brings back memories of a show at the Minnesota State Fair too many years ago...