|From left: Haley Reinhart, Scotty McCreery, James Durbin,|
Lauren Alaina, Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk.
We're not sure how Jacob Lusk lasted this long, but after watching the Final 6 charm us with Carole King songs last night there was just one performer who clearly separated himself from the pack, in a negative way. Of Lusk's performance singing "Oh No Not My Baby" judge Steven Tyler said: "It's about time you shook your tail feathers." But this isn't an avian competition. Is it?
Speaking of birds, we know it'll be a tough road for the the two remaining females. One could fall by the wayside tonight. But at least Haley Reinhart and Lauren Alaina are going down swinging. And they are cute. Of Reinhart's performance Tyler said "I just saw God." Um, we think we know what he was talking about.
Here's the Sanctuary's Rapid Fire Rankings based on just one show. We predict it'll be a fight to the finish between rocker James Durbin and carrot top Casey Abrams, with Scotty McCreery (our favorite) possibly sneaking in there to win it all.
6. Jacob Lusk: He's goin' home, if not tonight then surely the following week.
5. Casey Abrams: Made Tyler's scalp itch, which may not be a good thing.
4. Lauren Alaina: We'd love to see the Georgia peach hang around longer.
3. Haley Reinhart: Just too cute to win over the critical girl voting bloc.
2. James Durbin: All that crowd squealing suggests he's the one to beat.
1. Scotty McCreery: Would make George Jones proud. Or would he?