Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yowser, this will be some list

The man across the table, who happens to be my lawyer, posed an intriguing question. We were in the middle of a tense, crucial, make-me-or-break-me legal discussion and his query threw me for a loop. In fact, it's nearly three days later and I'm still ruminatin' on it.

What artist would you pay right now to go see? Put your money down, file into a venue and go see ... whom?

Maybe you can snap off a quick list without thinking about it. Not me. No sir, this is SERIOUS! This has all the makings of a classic Top 10 list, and I don't want to blow it.

In fact, what would be better than compiling a list of concerts that you actually PLANNED to attend?

Now that would be a killer list. So it's time to begin scouring the summer concert tour list, visiting artists' websites and checking favorite venues to investigate all the delicious possibilities.

I will say this. My lawyer offered a few names. I wasn't aware of his musical taste and sensibilities until he quietly and thoughtfully mentioned John Hammond. And Leonard Cohen. Interesting. Very interesting ...

Feed me some suggestions. And stay tuned for the SSSULTRY (Six String Sanctuary Ultimate Live Tour Rockin' Yowser!) List.

Did you know that the Urban Dictionary defines ''yowser'' as "holy crap''? Now you know what I'm talkin' about...

4 comments:

  1. I know you side with the Farrar faction, but I'm seeing Wilco for the first time in three weeks. They're stopping in my neck of the woods right after Bonnaroo. The new album is very good, IMO. Some great, occasionally dark, pop songs — what Tweedy does best, IMO. I'll likely spend the whole concert staring at Nels Cline now that I know how ridiculously hard it is to play guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can't spell crap without rap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, the list?? I would put Steven Fromholz on the list, Ian Tyson, Sons of the San Joaquin, Lila Downs, Gipsy Kings and Asleep at the Wheel. If there was a way to do it, a reunion of the artists from. "Song Catcher," soundtrack. Then I need to find a job and I kind of like retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asleep at the Wheel is awesome. I never heard of any of those other folks.

    ReplyDelete