Sunday, September 13, 2009

The music of football: sizzling brats

Slow start this morning. We have to pace ourselves for tonight's Bears-Packers game, which is certain to bring out hostilities on both sides of the Illinois-Wisconsin border.

I was reading some online posts today to psyche myself up for the game and there's absolutely no doubt about it: these fans don't like each other. You can't call this a friendly rivalry, no sir. It's downright nasty what they're saying.

You can even feel it down here in Florida. No doubt many fans will be checking in this afternoon on ol' what's his name -- Brent Favre? -- but the Vikings-Browns pales in comparison to tonight's prime time matchup. Wish they could play it right now and get it over with.

My Packer Backer bratwurst from the Falls Meat Market in Pigeon Falls, Wis., are ready to grill. Sometimes I'll let brats stew in beer and onions, but these are so good I'll just put them over a fire before kickoff and be set. I'll leave a couple whole for the buns, then cut up the rest with onions and green and yellow bell peppers and have some tasty kabobs with mustard dipping sauce.

The garlic cheese curds will tide me over until then...

You think it's easy being a cheesehead? No way. Never has been, never will be. Tons of fun, though. And oh, so yummy.

Go Pack go.

No comments:

Post a Comment